Thursday, April 8, 2010

My great experience...

So I know most of you have already heard me raving about the new Aldi foods!!! Soo excited! Well a couple of weeks ago, I must admit I did a little bit of a dorky thing. After I went to Aldi, I had to run to Target to get some additional things like towels, and a card. I was planing on doing most of my shopping at Target, because I didn't think that Aldi would have some of the things I needed like Plantains, Italian Dressing, Cookie Dough, etc. And honestly, I didn't think the quality of the produce would be worth getting, because Sprouts is usually REALLY cheap, but you kind of get what you pay for. BOY was I wrong. The produce was A-MAZING!! It was fresh, neat, you didn't have to pick through a million different things to find fruits not bruised or anything. I was THRILLED!! So onto my dorky thing...since I didn't get that much, as I walked through Target I marked how much it was at Target on my Aldi receipt. I wrote down the store brand of each product...look at my findings!!!
It is kind of hard to read, but I spent $41.37 at Aldi, and Target added up to $60.80, that's without the little bit of tax on a few of the items!!! That's almost $24.00 in savings!!!!! Not bad when you are trying to save money!!!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!! We had the same thing happen. Fruit and Meat are such a better deal at Aldi's, we used to shop at Target too. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete