Thursday, November 10, 2011

Clearing Hurdles

I always loved the hurdles in junior high. They were always so intimidating and kind of scary as you approached them...but with the right coaching and the right form, they didn't seem so bad! And once you cleared them you had such a feeling of joy and accomplishment! The past couple of days have brought me back to my days (mind you, they were few, but still existed) of running hurdles.

Yesterday I had to go back for my 6 week checkup following my D & C. Don't you always love when you are lying on the table and the doctor says..."Well that's just so strange, I've never seen that before..." Well gee thanks DOC...so if you don't know what it is...how the HECK am I supposed to Google it! Just kidding, but really...what kind of assurance does she think she is giving me by acting like I'm some kind of anomaly. What she was referring to was the odd amount of blood in my uterus...so much to where I could actually see it flowing on the ultrasound machine. Could be material she didn't get in the D & C, could be from a menstruation...who knows (literally)...but hopefully in a week it won't be there anymore...

The other news I found out, was that the baby died because "she" had Turner's Syndrome, which after researching, found out that it only occurs in girls. I'm glad that we know why the baby died, but knowing that it was actually a little girl, brings back all of the emotions again, that I thought we had already dealt with, and makes the fact that it actually was a baby more real. And since we know that she did have a chromosome malfunction, the doctor wants us to go to genetic counseling...

So. As I continue to go over these hurdles, they are a little scary...but I know that God has coached me to get though them and he will help me get over them with great "form"...and once I am over them, it feels so great knowing that God helped me to do it, and well, that I did it! And if nothing else, I am beyond grateful for my little man..(and boy does he ever look like a little old man in this pic...)

and the overwhelming support  of my family and friends...who I know I can depend on no matter WHAT!!! So if you are thinking of me in the next couple of days, please say a little prayer that 1.) genetic counseling would go well 2.) the random blood in my uterus would be gone AAANDD 3.) the cysts on my ovary would be gone (which I forgot to mention, but didn't seem like too big of a problem). Prayers would be greatly appreciated....thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment