Tuesday, February 24, 2009

14 layers and Happy Birthday little sisters!!

Ok so I had this bright idea to make this 14 layer cake that I saw on Bakerella for my sister's birthday. It was a lot of hard work, and looked neat--but tasted not good. Everyone was trying to be nice and say it tasted fine--it wasn't! Sooo here are the pics that outline the infamous 14 layer, not so good tasting, cake!


The GINORMOUS bowl of batter... it should have been thicker though...clue #1!

YUP, I had to cook each layer in a pan. This was the last batch so there were only 2, there were usually 3 cooking at a time.

The 14 layers cooling. Jonathan and I argued about this, he had to be in the picture. He won!!


The birthday girls and the cake.

The 14 layers!!! Ok so it looks cool, but it wasn't good. I figured out I should have cooked it at a higher temperature, maybe a tad longer... and my baking powder may be bad! So annoyed!!

I had to put this pic up because it's freakin hilarious!! For some reason, George's head looks the same size as Corinn's!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't care what you say--the cake was wonderful and VERY sweet of you to spend sooo much time making it---even if Jonathan DID make you cry. Aww...my Dordie! I love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete